As a public health professional, you make get questions from residents about drinking water concerns from their public water system or private well. The information on this and the other drinking water pages are designed to help you address these questions.
Private Well Toolkit
This private well toolkit consists of:
- A quick-guide on the basics of private well water, P-02130 (PDF)
- A fact sheet on Arsenic in Private Well Water, P-45012 (English, Spanish, Hmong)
- A fact sheet on Bacteria in Private Well Water, P-02132 (English, Spanish, Hmong)
- A fact sheet on Nitrate in Private Well Water, P-02128 (English, Spanish, Hmong)
- A workbook of template advisory letters (DOCX)
- A customizable postcard on testing for nitrate, P-02378 (PUB)
Boil Water Notices
- Learn what public facilities should do to protect consumer's health during a boil water notice, P-45090 (PDF)
- Share with residents what to do during a boil water notice, P-44589 (PDF)
- Learn more about the impacts of pharmaceuticals and personal care products on human health and the environment.
- Learn how unused medications can contribute to the opioid epidemic in Wisconsin.
- Learn about existing drug take back programs in Wisconsin.
- Learn how communities can apply for a Clean Sweep grant for drug collections.
Questions? Can't find what you're looking for? Contact us!