Actions for Keeping Your Home Safe
- Find your community's consumer confidence report or test your private well to learn more about your drinking water quality.
- Calculate your family's water use, and see how using water-saving appliances can help you use less water.
- Learn where you can recycle used appliances as well as hazardous home and yard waste (paints, chemicals) to properly get rid of them.
- Dispose of drugs safely by learning how to dispose of household pharmaceutical waste, including using clean sweep programs to safely dispose of drugs.
- Wisconsin's Groundwater Coordinating Council has information on what the state is doing to keep us safe.
Local Health Professional Resources
Private Drinking Water Toolkit
Our private drinking water toolkit consists of
- A quick-guide on the basics of private well water (P-02130)
- A fact sheet on Arsenic in Private Well Water (P-45012 - English, Spanish, Hmong)
- A fact sheet on Bacteria in Private Well Water (P-02132 - English, Spanish, Hmong)
- A fact sheet on Nitrate in Private Well Water (P-02128 - English, Spanish, Hmong)
- A workbook of draft advisory letters.
Public Facility Boil Notices
- Learn what public facilities should do to protect consumer's health during a boil water notice (P-45090).
- Share with residents what to do during a boil water notice (P-44589).
Wisconsin Data and Information
Last Revised: June 7, 2018