WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) helps you buy foods that keep you and your kids healthy. After you qualify for WIC, you get WIC food benefits each month. You also get an eWIC card. You can use your eWIC card to buy WIC-approved foods.
Watch the WIC Shopper Benefits video to learn more about WIC food benefits.
WIC Shopper Benefits
Sus Beneficios de WIC
What WIC foods can I buy?
When you join the WIC program, you get WIC food benefits. These are based on your needs and give you and your children helpful nutrients.Your benefits explain the type of foods and how much you can buy with your eWIC card. You can find your WIC food benefits on:
- Your WIC Shopping List (from your WIC office).
- Your grocery store receipt.
- The Wisconsin MyWIC app (from the Apple App Store or Google Play).
Often, you can buy foods such as:
- 100% juice
- Beans, peas, lentils, and peanut butter
- Cheese, tofu, eggs, and canned fish
- Fruits and vegetables
- Infant foods
- Milk, soy drinks, and yogurt
- Whole wheat and whole grains
The WIC Shopping Guide (P-44578) provides more information about each food.
Healthy Foods for Your Family
Alimentos Saludables para Su Familia
How do I buy food through WIC?
WIC participants get an eWIC card. You can use this card at any WIC-approved store in Wisconsin. Any WIC food you buy subtracts from the WIC food benefits in your account.
Your WIC benefits expire every 30 days. After they expire, you cannot use them. If you are still in WIC, you will get new benefits to use. You may have up to three months of WIC benefits on your eWIC card.
Watch the Checking Out Your Choices video to learn more or read our WIC shopping tips.
Checking Out Your Choices
Como Verificar Sus Opciones
What is the MyWIC app?
- Check how many WIC food benefits you have left.
- Get a reminder before your WIC benefits expire.
- Scan barcodes to see which foods are WIC approved.
- Search for WIC-approved foods.
- Find WIC-approved stores.
- Receive reminders for WIC appointments.
Where can I learn more about WIC?
We know there are a lot of details. We’re here to help make it easy for you to get healthy food. If you have questions or any problems, contact your WIC office.
Watch the Solutions to Shopping Problems video to learn more.
Solutions to Shopping Problems
Soluciones para Problemas de Compras
You can also learn more from the WIC Shopping Guide, P-44578. or the Wisconsin MyWIC app.