For health information and referral services
Call 800-642-7837, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday,
email email@example.com, or
go to wellbadger.org
The Well Badger Resource Center is the new home to Wisconsin public health information and referral telephone lines, which include:
- Maternal and Child Health and First Step Resource line at 800-642-7837
- Wisconsin Services Access Line/Informed Consent at 877-855-7296
The Well Badger Resource Center helps connect women, pregnant women, families, adolescents, children, and health professionals with health care services and resources throughout the state.
Well Badger specializes in referrals for children and youth with special health care needs and those with developmental disabilities and delays. It provides referrals for women and children in WIC, BadgerCare Plus, and the Wisconsin Well Woman Program.
Well Badger currently offers:
- Services over the phone and by email, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. After-hours callers may leave a confidential message. The next business day, an information and referral specialist will return all calls.
- English, Spanish, and Hmong services from Well Badger staff (language line services for other languages is also provided).
- Staff who are Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS)-certified and parents of children with special health care needs.
In the Fall of 2018, Well Badger will launch a searchable online directory of referral agencies and services, as well as information and referral services by live chat and text message.