The Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) connects members of WIC (Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children) with Wisconsin farmers. WIC members get a check to spend at farmers markets. About 1,000 farmers are part of the program. To apply for WIC FMNP, contact your WIC office.
Who can join WIC FMNP?
To join WIC FMNP, you must be part of WIC and one of the following:
- Postpartum (Just had a baby)
- A child at least 9 months old
We also have a senior FMNP for older adults.
What do WIC members get through FMNP?
Each qualified WIC member gets:
- Five $6.00 checks that total $30 for each growing season. You can use checks to buy local fruits, vegetables, and herbs at farmers markets.
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs grown in (or near) Wisconsin.
- Education and tips for using fresh, local produce.
What can I do at a farmers market?
Farmers markets can be fun for you and your family. Here are a few tips for how to prepare for and enjoy your farmers market trip:
- Call your WIC office to find a farmers market near you.
- Bring your WIC FMNP checks.
- Go early for the best choice of foods.
- Walk around the market to find what you like.
- Talk to the farmers. They can answer questions about the foods they grow. They can tell you how they grew the food and how to cook it.
- Local Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Senior FMNP for older adults
- WIC: Local Office Contacts in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin FMNP brochure, P-40154
- Farmers—WIC: Information for Farmers
- Market Managers—WIC: Information for Market Managers
Questions? Email email@example.com.