Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Well Woman Program: Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid

Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid is a full-benefit health care plan. It covers people under age 65 who have been diagnosed with and need treatment for breast or cervical cancer or certain precancerous conditions of the breast or cervix.

Who is eligible

You must be enrolled in one of the following programs before you can initially enroll in Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid:

  • Wisconsin Well Woman Program through local coordinating agencies.
  • Family Planning Only Services.
  • BadgerCare Plus.

You must also meet all the following requirements:

  • Live in Wisconsin and are either a:
    • U.S. citizen.
    • Qualifying immigrant.
  • Are under age 65.
  • Have a Social Security number, or can get one.
  • Were screened for breast or cervical cancer through the Well Woman Program.
  • Have one or more of the following diagnoses that requires treatment:
    • Breast cancer.
    • Cervical cancer.
    • A condition that could lead to breast or cervical cancer.
  • Can’t get other health care coverage for breast or cervical cancer treatment.

If you aren’t eligible because of your citizenship or immigration status, you may be able to get Emergency Services Medicaid.

Learn more about the Well Woman Program

Temporary Medicaid

You can get temporary Medicaid, also called presumptive eligibility, if you’re in the Well Woman Program. Temporary Medicaid lets you get care while applying for Well Woman Medicaid. That includes treatment for breast and cervical cancer.

If your certified Medicaid provider applies for Medicaid for you on the day they diagnose you, coverage starts that day. It ends on the last day of the month after your diagnosis.

You can only be temporarily enrolled once in a rolling 12-month period.

If you want to keep getting Medicaid, your Well Woman Program coordinator can help you apply. Your health care provider can help, too.

Getting services

You will get a ForwardHealth card in the mail. Until you get it, you must bring these completed forms to each of your doctor visits:

They show that you’ve applied for temporary Medicaid.

Who to contact for help

  • Call Member Services at 800-362-3002 if you have questions about services.
  • Call the Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid office at 608-266-1720 or 877-246-2276 (toll-free) to ask about your application, renewal, eligibility, or other need. You or your doctor can also send a fax to 608-267-3381.


Last revised March 5, 2024