The Division of Care and Treatment Services (DCTS) manages and supports seven care and treatment facilities for people living with psychiatric disorders and intellectual disabilities, community mental health and substance use services, community mental health and substance use treatment services for people in the criminal justice system, and the protection of client rights for people receiving services for intellectual disabilities, mental health, and substance use.
Our spirit: What we do. What we represent.
Whether day or night, weekdays, weekends, or holidays, we are a team focused on supporting individual and community health and well-being. Our interconnected web of care helps all state residents live their best lives.
We serve all state residents from offices and facilities located across Wisconsin.
- Administrator’s Office: Manages overall policy and fiscal direction for all programs and services.
- Central Wisconsin Center (Madison): Provides health, assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation services for people with intellectual disabilities.
- Client Rights Office: Protects and promotes the dignity and respect of people receiving services for a developmental disability, mental illness, and substance use disorder.
- Bureau of Community Forensic Services: Promotes healthy living and protects public safety through the management and support of programs for adults with histories of criminal offenses and mental health and substance use concerns.
- Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery: Promotes overall wellness through the management and support of community mental health and substance use services for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Mendota Mental Health Institute (Madison): Provides psychiatric care and treatment services for people referred by county agencies and the court system.
- Northern Wisconsin Center (Chippewa Falls): Provides assessment and treatment services for people with intellectual disabilities and behavioral health needs.
- Office of Budget and Performance Management: Manages fiscal matters, policy analysis, and data collection.
- Office of Electronic Health Records Systems Management: Oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the electronic health records system for our seven care and treatment facilities.
- Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center (Mauston): Provides treatment services for people committed under Wisconsin’s Sexually Violent Persons Law.
- Southern Wisconsin Center (Union Grove): Provides health, assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation services for people with intellectual disabilities.
- Winnebago Mental Health Institute (Oshkosh): Provides psychiatric care and treatment services for people referred by county agencies and the court system.
- Wisconsin Resource Center (Oshkosh): Provides specialized treatment services for people with severe and persistent mental health needs referred by the Department of Corrections and the court system.
We're hiring! Learn more about our career opportunities.
- For general questions related to DCTS programs and services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For public records requests related to DCTS programs and services, contact email@example.com.