The Division of Care and Treatment Services (DCTS) manages and supports seven care and treatment facilities, community mental health and substance use services, community forensic treatment services, and the protection of client rights for individuals receiving services for developmental disability, mental health, and substance use.
Programs and Services within the Division of Care and Treatment Services
Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery
The Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery is committed to reducing the impact of mental illnesses and substance use disorders on Wisconsin residents. Staff manage and support community services in partnership with state, tribal, county, and local agencies. For information on services in your community, call 211.
Bureau of Community Forensic Services
The Bureau of Community Forensic Services promotes healthy living and protects public safety through the management and support of programs for individuals with histories of criminal offending and mental health and substance use concerns.
- Conditional Release Program
- Court Liaison and Tracking Services Program
- Opening Avenues to Reentry Success Program
- Outpatient Competency Examination Program
- Outpatient Competency Restoration Program
- Supervised Release Program
The Division of Care and Treatment Services operates seven facilities.
Centers for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Central Wisconsin Center (Madison)
- Northern Wisconsin Center (Chippewa Falls)
- Southern Wisconsin Center (Union Grove)
Secure Treatment Centers
Client Rights Office
The Client Rights Office protects the dignity and privacy of individuals seeking help for intellectual disabilities, mental illnesses, and substance use disorders through the promotion of Wisconsin's client rights law and oversight of a four-stage grievance process.
Division of Care and Treatment Services
1 W. Wilson Street, Room 850
PO Box 7851
Madison, WI 53707-7851
Send an email
- DCTS Action Memos
- DCTS Information Memos
- DCTS Reports and Studies
- Guidance Documents
- State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health