Prevention Service is certified by the Department of Health Services (DHS) under Wisconsin Administrative Code Chapter DHS 75.04.
A prevention service makes use of universal, selective and indicated prevention measures described in Chapter DHS 75 Appendix A. Preventive interventions may be focused on reducing behaviors and actions that increase the risk of abusing substances or being affected by another person's substance abuse.
One year (Provisional)
See Wisconsin Administrative Code Chapter DHS 75.04 (2)
According to Chapter DHS 75.03 (2)(c) – Determination. Upon receipt of a completed application for certification DHS shall review the application for compliance with this chapter, which may include an on-site survey. Within 45 days after receiving a completed application, DHS shall either approve or deny the application. If the application for certification is denied, DHS shall give the individual or organization applying for certification reasons, in writing, for the denial and shall inform the individual or organization of a right to appeal that decision under par. (i).
The following applications are required for Community Substance Abuse Services (CSAS) certification for Preventive Service:
- F-00521 (Word) - CSAS Prevention Service Initial Certification Application – Chapter DHS 75.04
- F-00523 (Word) - CSAS General Requirements Initial Certification Application – Chapter DHS 75.03
- F-00438 (Word) - CSAS Verification of Criteria (Clinical Supervisor, Medical Director, Physician, or Service Physician) – Chapter DHS 75.02 (11)
- F-62504* - Community Substance Abuse Services (CSAS) OR Mental Health Clinic Initial Certification Application (contact 608-261-0656 for this application)
- F-00273* (Word) - Behavioral Health Services Initial Certification Application – Chapter DHS 94 – Patient Rights and Resolution of Patient Grievances
*These applications are not required if the service is being added to an existing certification.
Caregiver Background Check
A caregiver background check (CBC) is required to be completed for all applicants/legal representatives prior to the approval of any new license, certification or registration of a DQA regulated entity.
- Review information for Licensee Applicants/License Holder Background Checks found on the Caregiver Background Check Process web page for the completion of the Background Information Disclosure (BID) form and Appendix. Complete either the Online Caregiver Background Check (CBC) process or the manual application process.
- Also review information on the requirement for Employee Background Checks found on the Caregiver Background Check Process webpage.
WI Administrative Code
Chapter DHS 12, Caregiver Background Checks
Chapter DHS 13, Reporting and Investigation of Caregiver Misconduct
Chapter DHS 75 including Appendix A, Appendix B and Appendix C
Chapter DHS 75.02, Definitions
Chapter DHS 75.03, General Requirements
Chapter DHS 75.04, Preventive Service
Chapter DHS 92, Confidentiality of Treatment of Records
Chapter DHS 94, Patient Rights and Resolution of Patient Grievances
Visit the Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Treatment Programs website for more information.