Use the following procedure to request a waiver or variance of a Wisconsin administrative code. This information applies to:
- Nurse aid training program.
- Nurse aide training prohibition waiver requests.
- Nurse aide federal employment eligibility renewal waiver.
Nurse aide training programs
Use the following procedure to request a waiver or variance of a requirement in Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 129.
Find requirements for a waiver or variance in Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 129.04.
- Waiver: An exception from a requirement identified in the applicable chapter of the Wisconsin administrative code.
- Variance: An alternative requirement in place of a requirement identified in the applicable chapter of the Wisconsin administrative code.
Submit a request
A request for a waiver or variance can be made at any time. All waiver or variance applications are made in writing to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) and specify the following:
- The rule from which the waiver or variance is requested. Find code for Nurse Aide Training Program: Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 129.
- The time period for the requested waiver or variance.
- The reason for the request.
- How the waiver or variance will not adversely impact the health, safety, or welfare of a patient, client, or resident.
For a variance, the request also will include the proposed alternative to the rule, including:
- New concepts, methods, procedures, practices, techniques, equipment, personnel qualifications, pilot projects, or any other alternative the program proposes.
- A description of how the proposed alternative serves the interests of training and competency evaluation in a way that is as protective as the requirement from which the variance is sought.
Return the completed Nurse Aide Training Program Waiver or Variance Request, F-03092 (Word) form via fax to 608-226-5524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nurse aide federal employment eligibility renewal waiver
Complete a Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry Renewal Form, F-03211 (PDF). Return the completed form via fax to 608-226-5524 or email email@example.com.
Go to Nurse Aide Training and Registry for more information.
Questions? Contact the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 608-261-9315.