- Contact the county agency where you live and let them know you are interested in services for your child.
- A county intake worker or service coordinator will discuss the various programs and resources that may be available to your child and assist you in deciding whether or not the CLTS Waivers are likely to be appropriate for your child and family.
- If you wish to apply, the county agency worker will assist you with the next steps in the application process. These steps will include some or all of the following:
- Completing an application packet, including Release-of-Information forms for the county to use in processing your application;
- Scheduling a home-visit for the county service coordinator to meet with you and your child in your home to help complete the assessment of your child's needs;
- Determining your child's "Level of Care" (PDF) need based upon an online functional screening tool that your county service coordinator will complete;
- Determining your child's disability status (this is required for some specific types of CLTS Waivers funding).
For families interested in applying to the Children’s Long-Term Supports Waiver and/or the Katie Beckett Program, who reside in Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Jackson, Jefferson, Kenosha, La Crosse, Lafayette, Marquette, Monroe, Ozaukee, Racine, Rock, Walworth, Washington, or Waukesha counties, please contact CompassWisconsin: Threshold, P-01706 (PDF) for the unified intake process.