We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our members and participants during the COVID-19 pandemic. To stay informed about the latest program updates, limitations to in-person contacts, general COVID-19 resources, and more:
- Members and participants, please visit COVID-19: Program and ForwardHealth Updates for You and Your Family.
- County agencies, please visit COVID-19: Updates for County Agencies Serving Children with Delays or Disabilities.
- Providers, please visit the COVID-19: ForwardHealth News and Resources Portal page.
Opportunity for Input
- CLTS Waiver Program Service Rates Initiative
- CLTS Waiver Amendment for Statewide Uniform Rate-Setting Initiative
About the Children's Long-Term Support (CLTS) Waiver Program
The Children's Long-Term Support (CLTS) Waiver Program is a Home and Community-Based Service (HCBS) Waiver that provides Medicaid funding for children who have substantial limitations in their daily activities and need support to remain in their home or community. Eligible children include those with developmental disabilities, severe emotional disturbances, and physical disabilities. Funding can be used to support a range of different services based on an assessment of the needs of the child and his or her family.
The videos featured on this page demonstrate the importance of investing in children in need of long-term care services. Governor Tony Evers’ budget proposal guarantees all eligible children with disabilities who have long-term care needs can access care in their communities by eliminating the current Children’s Long-Term Support Waiver Program waitlist, strengthening Wisconsin’s stance as a national leader in our approach to serving the elderly and people with disabilities.
Eliminating the Wait List
Watch Malik's story:
Watch Ben's story: