Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Children’s Long-Term Support: You Can Work!

You can work, whether or not you have a disability. And we can help you find the right job. View the brochure You Can Work!, P-00516 (PDF) to learn more.

Three agencies work together to support your transition to adult life and work:

  • Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services (DHS)
  • Department of Public Instruction
  • Department of Workforce Development’s Division of Vocational Rehabilitation

We understand how important it is to work together to help you move from school to further education, training, and employment.

Try to get work experience in high school. It will help you get hired after you graduate. Your Individualized Education Program team at school, along with your counselor from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, will help as you make that change into adult life and the workforce.

There might be long-term services that will help you in keeping a job in your community. Are you part of the Children’s Long-Term Support Program? If so, talk to the support and service coordinator. They will help you make a community support plan that matches your school and work goals.

Related topics

Last revised May 19, 2023