Many people with significant disabilities want to work. They have skills, talents, and experience to offer employers, but face barriers to employment that prevent them from reaching their full potential. They fear losing their health care coverage and often struggle to understand the complex and uncoordinated array of benefits and employment services available.
Employment initiatives are designed to address the barriers to employment and community living faced by many individuals with disabilities. With input from key stakeholders including consumers, advocates, and policy makers, these employment initiatives involve identifying current systematic barriers and designing creative ways to address them. The goal is to test innovative solutions to existing problems and incorporate them into the overall consumer-driven, systems change movement in Wisconsin.
- Guiding Principles for Competitive Integrated Employment for People with Disabilities in Long-Term Care, P-01786 (PDF)
- 2017 Wisconsin Act 178: Employment First Initiative
- Interagency Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE) Plan and Report: 2017 Wisconsin Act 178
- Interagency Memo of Agreement (MOA) (PDF) between the Department of Workforce Development-Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DWD-DVR) and the Department of Health Services (DHS)
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings Rule:
- Family Care Integrated Employment Initiatives
- Health Employment Counseling Program (HEC)
- Medicaid Purchase Plan (MAPP)
- Annual Report, Interviews 2017-2018, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (PDF)
- Employment Status for Long-Term Care Waiver Enrollees Age 18-64 Calendar Years 2014-2016, P-01853 (PDF)
- Managed Care and Employment Task Force Final Report (PDF)
- Medicaid Purchase Plan Evaluation 2011 Annual Report (PDF)
- State Employment Leadership Network (SELN) Report, Wisconsin Findings and Observations (2017):
- 2009 Workplace Personal Assistant Services Toolkit (PDF)
- Governor's Committee for People with Disabilities
- Physical Disability Resources
- Summary of Vocational Service Costs (PDF)
- Video: Employment Possibilities in Wisconsin This video highlights the viewpoints of key leadership from Community Rehabilitation Providers (CRPs) that participated in the "Rebalancing Initiative" funded by the Medicaid Infrastructure Grant (MIG).
- Wisconsin Disability Benefits Network
- Wisconsin Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Career Interview Project
If you cannot find the answer to your question, send us an email or call our main office at 608-267-7286.