The federal 21st Century Cures Act requires electronic visit verification (EVV) for certain Medicaid-funded services. EVV started November 2, 2020. You can find general information about EVV in other areas of this website. This area provides information specific to IRIS participants and those supporting them. Some important points to remember:
- IRIS participants who choose services from a provider agency will not need to train workers for EVV. The provider agency will manage the EVV requirements. These participants do not need to take any action.
- IRIS participant-hired live-in workers will not need to use EVV. If a participant's worker lives with them, that worker will not have to use EVV.
- Other participant-hired workers (those who do not live with the participant) will need to use EVV. Participants, as employers, will need to make sure their workers are trained.
- EVV is required for self-directed personal care services and routine supportive home care services.
- November 2, 2020, started the “soft launch” of EVV. The soft launch offers time and support for IRIS participants, participant-hired workers, and others to learn the new process. The Department of Health Services will begin a “hard launch” of EVV at a later date. IRIS policy regarding the hard launch will be provided at a later date.
- The fiscal employer agency (FEA) chooses which EVV system participant-hired workers will use. IRIS consultants (IC) can help participants find the resources to train their participant-hired workers.
- iLIFE is using the Sandata EVV system provided by the Department of Health Services. Go to the "Participants and Participant-Hired Workers" section below to find resources for the Sandata EVV system. If you have questions, please contact EVV Customer Care. Their information is listed on the left side of this page.
- Other fiscal employer agencies are using their own EVV systems. The fiscal employer agency should provide information about that system. They should also provide a plan for how training will happen. If you have questions, please use the contact information below.
|Fiscal Employer Agency (FEA)||Phone number||Website|
More details about roles and responsibilities for IRIS participants and IRIS consultants are in the sections below.
Participants and Participant-Hired Workers
Read important information about EVV and IRIS participants who hire their own workers.
The IRIS consultant can help participants decide which EVV training resources are needed for participant-hired workers.
For information specific to iLIFE EVV processes, including how to submit corrections to EVV visits and record FVV codes, please visit the iLIFE EVV webpage, email iLIFE, or call iLIFE at 888-800-5599.
To learn more about EVV and participants' roles, use these resources from the 2020 Self-Determination Conference:
This PowerPoint covers roles and responsibilities when the fiscal employer agency chooses the Sandata EVV system provided by the Department of Health Services. It includes the roles of the IRIS consultant, fiscal employer agency, participant, and participant-hired worker. A recording of this October 2, 2020, PowerPoint presentation is also available (1 hour 50 minutes).