Wisconsin's EVV solution
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) selected an EVV system for use within all DHS programs and impacted provider agencies, HMOs, MCOs, Family Care fiscal employer agents (FEAs), and IRIS FEAs. This eliminates the need for individual organizations to purchase an EVV solution. Organizations interested in using an alternate EVV system may use it as long as it meets DHS business and technical requirements.
EVV visit data will need to be collected for care provided under the following service codes:
Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus fee-for-service and BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid SSI HMOs
|Family Care and Family Care Partnership||IRIS|
|T1019: Personal Care Services per 15 minutes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|T1020: Personal Care Services per day||n/a||Yes||n/a|
|S5125: Supportive Home Care per 15 minutes||n/a||Yes||Starts January 2021 after waiver renewal; currently S5130.|
|S5126: Supportive Home Care per day||n/a||Yes||Starts January 2021 after waiver renewal; currently S5131.|
MCOs and HMOs
MCOs and HMOs will be required to complete Sandata's aggregator training. This will be a short on-demand web-based training through Sandata's learning management system. MCOs and HMOs may also attend the provider agency training for a front-to-back understanding of the DHS EVV system, but it is not required.
DHS will provide free train-the-trainer sessions and resources on the DHS EVV system to provider agency administrators across all delivery systems. Administrators from Family Care FEAs, IRIS FEAs, and IRIS consultant agencies (ICAs) will also need this training.
Provider agencies will be responsible for training their workers with the DHS-provided resources and on-demand training links. Family Care FEAs, IRIS FEAs, and IRIS ICAs will be responsible for training self-directed and participant-hired workers.
Following are the presentations and file specifications for the program payer Authorization and Visit File interfaces:
- File Specification: Authorization Interface: A review of the Authorization File Specification and answers to questions received from payers
- EVV Authorization File Specification: File structure specifications for EVV data to be sent by program payers to DHS
- EVV Authorization Response File - Error Record Layout: Record layout for the EVV Authorization Response File
- File Specification: Visit Interface: A review of the Program Payer Visit File Specification (Visit file specifications for EVV data to be sent by program payers).
- EVV Authorization Error Reasons: Data file error descriptions.