For questions regarding ambulatory surgical centers, you may contact us via E-mail: Division of Quality Assurance
Medicare Certification for Ambulatory Surgical Centers (complete process)
Division of Quality Assurance Information
- e-SOD/e-POC Provider Information
- Survey Guide: Hospitals and Other Health Services Providers (PDF, 67 KB)
- Construction/Remodeling of Health Care Facilities - Plan Review Requirements
- Information - Facilities Seeking to Perform Laboratory Testing
- Directories of Wisconsin Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Consumer Guide to Health Care
- Filing a Complaint Resource Sheet (consumer information) (PDF, 55 KB)
Change of Ownership
If operation of the ASC is later transferred to another owner, ownership group, or to a lessee, the provider agreement will be transferred. You are required to notify the DQA at the time you are planning such a transfer.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Survey & Certification Letter S&C 03-15 (PDF, 1.4 MB):
- "Review of Protected Health Information and Applicability of Business Associate Agreements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for the Purposes of Survey and Certification"
- Concerns sharing private health care information with state agencies.
- CMS S&C 03-21 Adoption of New Fire Safety Requirements (PDF, 284 KB) and Federal Register Amended Fire Safety Standards, Final Rule (PDF, 96 KB)
- CMS Resource for ASCs
More Federal Links - Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, HIPAA, Civil Rights, US Department of Labor, etc.
Safety in Healthcare
Provider resources for Safety in Healthcare
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Emergency Preparedness and Response website includes preparedness resources for healthcare facilities.
U.S. Department of Labor
The United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division Fact Sheet website provides information by topic of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Fact Sheet topics include: Health Care, Nursing Care Facilities, Nurses, Recordkeeping, Home Health Care, Hours Worked, Overtime, and additional areas.