Definition: Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 54 - Nonprofit corporation as guardian.
A private nonprofit corporation organized under Wisconsin Statutes Chapters 181, 187 or 188 is qualified to act as guardian of the person or of the property or both, of an individual found to be in need of guardianship under Chapter 54, if the Department of Health Services, under rules established under Chapter 55, finds the corporation a suitable agency to perform such duties.
- Wisconsin Statue Chapter 181 (PDF, 495 KB)
- Wisconsin Statue Chapter 187 (PDF, 144 KB)
- Wisconsin Statue Chapter 188
- Wisconsin Statutes, Section 54.15(7) (PDF, 564 KB) and 55.03 (PDF, 405 KB)
- DHS 85, Wisconsin Administrative Code (PDF, 62 KB)
- Wisconsin Legislature Home Page
For questions regarding corporate guardianships, call 608-266-8481 or email DHSDQACGuardianship@wisconsin.gov.