Per Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 85.10 (2) – Continuing Education, each guardian representative shall complete 20 hours of training every 24 calendar months. The training shall be relevant to the guardian representative’s job assignment and designed to increase the effectiveness of the employee to meet the needs of the wards served.
The resources below are available to assist in meeting this training requirement. Corporate guardianship agencies are not limited to these training offerings and resources. Contact your local aging and disability resource center, the Alzheimer's Association, the Alzheimer and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin or your local community center for additional ideas.
- Guardianship Training Series – Guardianship 101
- Guardianship Training Series – A Day in the Life of a Corporate Guardian
- Guardianship Training Series – Probate Court
- WGA Educational Seminar – September 27, 2016
The following presentations from this seminar are available:
- Preserving the Rights of Individuals Under Guardianship-Panel
- End of Life Panel
- Financial Abuse
- 2016 Fall Education Conference Keynote