Hospice: Rules and Regulations
We offer links to statutes and other resources where you can learn how to comply with regulations on hospices in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Stat. § 50.90
- Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 131
- Caregiver Program/Background Checks
- Hospice: Statistics and Data - Find historical data reports for hospices from Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), including citations and complaints.
- Code of Federal Regulations: Hospice Care – 42 CFR 418 - Learn about patient care, patient rights, and more for hospices.
- State Operations Manual Appendix M - Guidance to Surveyors: Hospice - Find guidance from CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) on survey regulations for hospices.
- Internet-Only Manuals - Find program issuances, day-to-day operating instructions, policies, and procedures from CMS.
Waiver or variance requests
Find out how to submit a request. Learn more at Waivers and Variances.