Hospice: Provider Resources
Are you a provider for a hospice? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. Learn more:
Select a link to learn more:
- Consumer Guide: Finding and Choosing a Hospice - Find a directory and survey results.
- Hospice - CBRF Interface, P-00314 (PDF) - Find guidance for care coordination between hospices and community-based residential facilities. Note: This document was prepared by the Hospice Organization of Wisconsin and is not an official policy.
- Hospice - Nursing Home Interface, P-00252 (PDF) - Find information on care coordination between hospices and nursing homes.
- Hospice - RCAC Interface, P-00315 (PDF) - Find information on care coordination between hospices and residential care apartment complexes.
- Hospice Regulatory Guide, F-62519 (PDF) - Compare Wisconsin state codes and federal requirements for program participation.
- Medication Aides: Nursing Home/Hospice - Learn about specific requirements to administer medications to nursing home residents and hospice patients in Wisconsin.
- RAI/MDS 3.0 Information - Learn about the Resident Assessment Instrument and Minimum Data Set 3.0.
- Survey Guide: Home Health and Hospice Licensure and Certification, P-63075 (PDF) - Learn more about the survey process for home health and hospice providers.
- Client Rights Office - Find guidance for patients receiving services for developmental disabilities, mental health, or substance use.
- Clinical Laboratories - Find information on alcohol and drug testing laboratories.
- Construction/Remodeling Plan Review for Health Care Facilities - Find information about the plan review process, including application forms.
- DHS Partners and Providers - Find useful information for all agencies, organizations, and providers that partner with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Dementia Care in Wisconsin - Access the State Dementia Plan and build a dementia-friendly community of support for those with dementia and their families.
- Diabetes Prevention & Control Program - Learn more about care guidelines and Wisconsin’s strategic plan for diabetes prevention and control.
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information - Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process - Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute - Read about research initiatives, memory clinics, education and public health programs, and more.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Information - The ForwardHealth portal will direct you to provider-specific Medicaid information.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program - Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin and how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Federal Resources - Find information about CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- Hospice Center - Find resources from CMS on hospices, including beneficiary notices, coverage, quality reporting, and more.
- Hospice - Learn from CMS about conditions for Medicare and Medicaid participation for hospice providers.
- Impact of Nursing Shortage on Hospice Care, S&C Letter 02-44 (PDF) - Find information on the temporary measure allowing hospices to contract for nursing care.
- Promising Practices for Implementing the Medicare Hospice Benefit for Nursing Home Resident, S&C Letter 02-29 (PDF) - Read helpful guidelines for offering quality care in nursing homes.
- Wage and Hour Division Topical Fact Sheet Index - Find Fair Labor Standards Act information by topic from the U.S. Department of Labor. Topics include health care, nursing care facilities, nurses, home health care, overtime, and more.
State reporting requirements
- Report Abuse, Neglect, or Misappropriation - Learn about reporting and timing requirements for any claims of abuse or neglect, or misappropriation of client property. This includes providers regulated by the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) and non-regulated providers.
- Reporting a Client, Patient, or Resident Death - Learn about reporting requirements for programs or facilities when there is a death.
Change of ownership
Hospice Application Process - Learn how to report agency changes, including name, address, administrator, accreditation status, and ownership.
- Cold Weather Safety - Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers - Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness - Use and share information about preventing heat-related illness and planning for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers - Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia, and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Health Emergency Preparedness and Response - Learn about Wisconsin’s program to prepare for, and respond to, events that pose a substantial risk to the health of residents.
- Safety in Health Care - Resources from DQA to help providers create a culture of safety, and guide staff on critical safety practices in health care facilities.
- American Health Care Association & National Center for Assisted Living - Find information from national groups that support hospices and other entities.
- LeadingAge - Learn more from a national group that supports aging services providers.