Hospice: Memos and Publications
This page includes helpful resources related to hospices. Publications are files or websites with additional information. Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) numbered memos are documents that deal with:
- Policies for hospices.
- Guidelines for hospices managed by DQA.
- Information and interpretation of federal and state regulations.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select a link to learn more:
- Consumer Guide: Finding and Choosing a Hospice - Find a directory and survey results.
- Internet-Only Manuals - Find program issuances, day-to-day operating instructions, policies, and procedures from CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services).
- Pharmacy Newscapsule - Newsletter published regularly by DQA.
- State Operations Manual - Find information from CMS to support state operations.
- State Operations Manual, Appendix M – Guidance to Surveyors: Hospice (PDF) - Learn more about survey guidelines for hospice.
Memos from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
View our Memos Library to access a wealth of communications issued by DHS regarding policies and procedures and how they should be put into action.
DQA numbered memos
Select a link to view the memo. You can also view the list of all DQA Memos.
For an official paper copy of any numbered memo, email or write:
- Email email@example.com.
Mailing address:DQA Administrator’s OfficePO Box 2969Madison, WI 53701
|Official Number||Description||Issue Date||Attachments||Obsolete date|
||Prohibited Restraints and Restrictive Measures in Community-Based Programs and Facilities|
||Notice and Requirements for Submitting Four-Year Renewal of Licensee Background Check Information|
||Wisconsin Hospices CMS 1135 Waiver Provisions and Governor Evers Emergency Order # 21|
||Notice of Mandatory Requirement to Submit Four-Year Renewal of Licensee Background Check Information|
||Fire Watch, Fire Plan, and Fire Reporting Update|
|Prohibited Restrictive Measures in Community-Based Programs and Facilities|
||Guidance Reminder Regarding Handheld Devices and the Potential Misuse of Such Devices|
||Reminder Nurse Aide Eligibility Requirements|
||Hospice and Community-Based Residential Facility Review Submittal Change|