Wis. Stat.§ 49.45(42) Personal care services
- Wis. Admin. Code §§ DHS 101-109; Medical Assistance
- Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 105.17
- Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 106
- Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 107.112
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Requirement
In response to the federal 21st Century Cures Act, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) is requiring EVV for:
- Medicaid-covered personal care services effective September 1, 2020.
- Medicaid-covered home health services effective January 1, 2023.
EVV is an electronic system that uses technologies to verify that authorized services were provided. Home care workers will be required to send information at the beginning and end of each visit to an EVV system,
Additional information about the EVV requirement is available on the DHS Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) website.