Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Children’s Long-Term Support: Enrollment Information for Counties

The Children’s Long-Term Support (CLTS) Program has a state-level budget and enrollment process. We call the process continuous enrollment. It ensures that kids and families can access services when they need them.

See who's eligible for CLTS

CLTS enrollment process

County waiver agencies (CWA) help confirm CLTS eligibility. They also enroll kids in CLTS. The process has these steps:

  1. CWAs complete the CLTS Functional Screen. It helps determine if a child qualifies for the CLTS program.
  2. If a child is eligible, the CWA enters the child’s data in the Program Participation System (PPS). This system allows CWAs to monitor the child’s progress towards enrollment.
  3. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) confirms that the child has funding and is ready to enroll. We do this on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, see Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver Manual for the CLTS Waiver Program, P-02256 (PDF), Chapter 1, §1.4.
  4. The CWA enrolls the child in CLTS and updates PPS.

Tech support and contacts

We are here to help you with the enrollment process. Having trouble with PPS? Need a Web Access Management System ID?

Contact our SOS Help Desk:

The help desk is open Monday–Thursday, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. If you call outside of these hours, please leave a message.

You can contact DHS at the Bureau of Children's Services (BCS) Technical Assistance Center at or 608-267-6767.

PPS FAQs (frequently asked questions)

PPS is a web-based program. It allows us and CWAs to review and track CLTS enrollment. Data is secure and in real time.

CWAs add all kids who are eligible for CLTS to PPS. These kids are now waiting to enroll. CWAs should not add kids to PPS again if they already get services from CLTS.

To update a child’s address or phone number in PPS, you must:

  1. Change the information in the Functional Screen Information Access. Go to the Child’s Information section on the Individual Information page. You can either edit an existing screen or start a rescreen.
  2. Return to the Children's Wait List Details page in PPS. Select Refresh (next to Functional Screen Details). You also can exit and re-enter the page.

Find more details in the CLTS Waitlist in PPS Step-by-Step Training Guide, P-00697 (PDF).

Contact the SOS Help Desk:

The child’s information may not match between Functional Screen Information Access and PPS. The SOS Help Desk can assist.

First, check that you have full access permissions. Next, look for an error message. PPS sometimes says to enter a valid Social Security number, date, or other numeric field. If this happens, and you can’t enter data, follow these steps:

  1. Check your internet web browser type and version. Make sure it matches the Functional Screen and PPS Systems Requirements, P-01448 (PDF).
  2. For more help, call the SOS Help Desk at 608-266-9198 or email

Enter an end date and reason into PPS for the child. Do this as soon as you enroll the child in CLTS.

Related topics



Last revised November 14, 2023