Commodity Supplemental Food Program

The Wisconsin Department of Health Service's Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) offers free, nutritious foods to low-income seniors aged 60 years and older. The monthly food package, worth about $35, is available at no cost to eligible individuals. The foods are intended to be a supplement and do not provide a complete diet.

CSFP is not the same as the nutrition program called FoodShare Wisconsin (formerly known as Food Stamps). The FoodShare Wisconsin website explains how to get FoodShare benefits. There is a separate page showing FoodShare contacts for Milwaukee County.

The USDA Commodity Supplemental Food Program website provides additional detailed information.


Persons eligible for CSFP are aged 60 and older and whose monthly income is at or below $1,245 for a single person or $1,681 for a family of two (for larger families add $436 for each additional member).

Counties Served

The CSFP program is known locally as Stockbox or Cupboard Bound. Consult the service area map showing the 11 Wisconsin counties served by the program.

Call 2-1-1 to find the nearest food pantry and other resources.

Available Foods

Commodity foods are provided through USDA's Food and Nutrition Service. The food package was designed to meet a part of an individual’s monthly food needs.

Additional Food and Nutrition Resources

In accordance with Federal Law and US Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call toll-free 866-632-9992 (voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339, or 800-845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Last Revised: February 24, 2015