The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (Senior FMNP) helps older adults and Wisconsin farmers. Members can buy local, fresh foods. At the same time, they support farmers markets. The Senior FMNP is from June 1 through October 31. To join, contact an office near you.
Who can join Senior FMNP?
To join, you must:
- Be 60 or older or live with someone 60 or older. Native Americans can join at age 55 or older.
- Meet low-income rules.
- Live in a county that is part of Senior FMNP.
We also have FMNP for members of the WIC program.
What do WIC members get through Senior FMNP?
Each qualified WIC member gets:
- Five $5.00 checks that total $25 for each growing season. You can use checks to buy local fruits, vegetables, and herbs at farmers markets.
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs grown in (or near) Wisconsin.
- Tips for using fresh, local produce.
- Local Fruits, vegetables, and herbs
- Nondiscrimination statement
- Senior FMNP local agencies (PDF)
- WIC FMNP
- Wisconsin FMNP brochure, P-40154
- Farmers—WIC: Information for Farmers
- Market Managers—WIC: Information for Market Managers
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.