- 42 CFR 484 – Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Conditions of Participation for Medicare Certified Home Health Agencies
- S&C: 14-14-HHA – Home Health Agency (HHA) State Operations Manual (SOM) revisions: Appendix B, HHA Enforcement Guidance and revisions to Chapter 2, Certification Process
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Requirement
In response to the federal 21st Century Cures Act, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) is requiring EVV for:
- Medicaid-covered personal care services effective September 1, 2020.
- Medicaid-covered home health services effective January 1, 2023.
EVV is an electronic system that uses technologies to verify that authorized services were provided. Home care workers will be required to send information at the beginning and end of each visit to an EVV system,
Additional information about the EVV requirement is available on the DHS Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) website.
Waiver or Variance Requests
View Waivers and Variances: Hospitals, Hospices, or Home Health Agencies for information to submit a request.
- Home Health Agency – Quarterly Statistics Data: home health citations, complaints received and complaints investigated and substantiated with cites.
- Medicaid and Medicare Program Manuals
- Rights of Home Health Agency Patients, F-62601 – Unofficial summary of agency patient rights in Wisconsin regulations