Home Health Agencies: Provider Resources
Are you a provider for a home health agency (HHA)? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. Learn more:
Select a link to learn more:
Home health resources
- Application for State Licensure and Federal Certification - Find out how to apply for licensure and certification as an HHA in Wisconsin.
- Consumer Guide: Finding and Choosing an Home Health Agency - Find directories and survey results.
- Defining “Skilled Care” for Wisconsin HHA Licensure, P-01212 (PDF) - Find details on skilled care and other terms defined by Wisconsin regulations.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process - Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Information on the Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) - Find resources and details on this requirement.
- Rights of Home Health Agency Patients, F-62601 (PDF) - Learn about patient rights at HHAs.
- Survey Guide: Home Health and Hospice Licensure and Certification, P-63075 (PDF) - Find information on the survey process in the state of Wisconsin.
- Clinical Laboratories - For facilities seeking to perform laboratory testing, learn more information about clinical laboratories in Wisconsin.
- Consumer Guide: Traumatic Brain Injury Care Units - Learn more about finding and choosing providers to support care.
- Consumer Guide: Ventilated Care Units - Learn how to find and choose providers to support ventilated care.
- DHS Partners and Providers - Find useful information for all agencies, organizations, and providers that partner with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Dementia Care in Wisconsin - Access the State Dementia Plan and build a dementia-friendly community of support for those with dementia and their families.
- Diabetes Prevention & Control Program - Learn more about diabetes and prevention programs.
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information - Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- Pharmacy Newscapsule - Newsletter published regularly by DQA.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Information - The ForwardHealth portal will direct you to provider-specific Medicaid information.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program - Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin and how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Federal Resources - Find information about CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- HHA Center - Find resources from CMS on HHAs, including insurance and billing, manuals, policies, and more.
- Home Health PPS - Learn about prospective payment systems (PPS) for Medicare home health services.
- Wage and Hour Division Topical Fact Sheet Index - Find Fair Labor Standards Act information by topic from the U.S. Department of Labor. Topics include health care, nursing care facilities, nurses, home health care, overtime, and more.
State reporting requirements
- Report Abuse, Neglect, or Misappropriation - Learn about reporting and timing requirements for any claims of abuse or neglect, or misappropriation of client property. This includes providers regulated by the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA), as well as non-regulated providers.
- Reporting a Client, Patient, or Resident Death - Learn about reporting requirements for programs or facilities when there is a death.
- Cold Weather Safety - Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers - Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness - Use and share information about preventing heat-related illness and planning for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers - Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia, and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Health Emergency Preparedness and Response - Learn about Wisconsin’s program to prepare for, and respond to, events that pose a substantial risk to the health of residents.
- Safety in Health Care - Resources from DQA to help providers create a culture of safety. Find ways to guide staff on critical safety practices in health care facilities.