WIC: Information for Market Managers
The WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) and Senior FMNP aim to help local markets. Each year, the FMNP gives checks to members to spend at farmers markets. This helps bring new buyers to the market. It also boosts sales for local Wisconsin farmers.
For farmers to take FMNP checks, your market must become an approved market.
Apply to be an FMNP Market (PDF)
What is an approved market?
Approved FMNP markets must have:
- A set site or sites to host the market.
- Set days and hours.
- At least three farmers during market hours.
How do I apply?
Market managers must:
- Fill out a form. See FMNP Application for Farmers’ Market Managers, F-44800 (PDF).
- Send the form to the state FMNP office.
After your market is approved for the first time, you will get:
- A letter or email. It says the market is approved.
- A training manual with FMNP rules.
- Contact information for your local WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) project to answer your questions about farmer training.
FMNP shoppers and farmers also get details about FMNP farmers markets.
Renewing each year
Each year, the state FMNP office sends market managers a renewal form. This keeps your market’s details current. We send market details to FMNP shoppers and farmers.
Learn about updates to the program for 2023 including check deposit options, use of DocuSign, and technology use in the future.
Who do I contact?
To contact your State WIC FMNP office:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 608-266-9824
- Mail to FMNP, PO Box 2659, Madison, WI 53701-2659
You can also reach out to your local WIC office.