In 2014, Wisconsin established seven healthcare coalition regions (HCC) to coordinate how public health, healthcare institutions, and first responder agencies, such as police, fire and emergency medical services (EMS), will manage their efforts to enact a uniform and unified response to an emergency, including a mass casualty or other catastrophic event.
A healthcare coalition is a group of healthcare organizations, public safety and public health partners that join forces for the common goal of making their communities safer, healthier and more resilient.
Healthcare coalitions support communities before, during and after disasters and other health-related crises.
Select one of the categories below to view topics related to the area.
Wisconsin is divided into seven regional healthcare coalitions. For more information on the healthcare coalition in your region, see their coalition websites below:
- Northeast Region
- Northwest Region
- North Central Region
- Fox Valley Region
- Southeast Region
- Southwest Region
- South Central Region
Click on the image to the right for a downloadable pdf of the locations.
General Information and Publications
- Healthcare Coalitions and Regional Medical Coordination (PDF, 979 KB)
- Healthcare Coalitions (HCCs) and Regional Medical Coordination - Frequently Asked Questions P-01275 (PDF, 99 KB)
- "Healthcare Scenarios within the Tiered Response Plan" (June 2014) audio recording
- Slides for "Healthcare Scenarios within the Tiered Response Plan" Training- (PowerPoint, 118 KB)
- “Introduction to Disaster Coordination Response Tiers” webcast (May 2016)
- Healthcare Coalitions: What Hospital Leaders Need to Know (November 2014) - (PowerPoint, 156 KB)
- Healthcare Coalitions and Emergency Management (November 2014) - (PowerPoint, 148 KB)
- Healthcare Coalitions and Ebola (November 2014) - (PowerPoint, 85 KB)
- State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services Division of Public Health Healthcare Coalitions Presentation (July 2014) - (PowerPoint, 454 KB)
- Healthcare Coalition Planning Presentation (November 2014)
- Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) Measure Manual: Implementation Guidance for the HPP Program Measures (PDF, 252 KB)
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response Healthcare Preparedness Program Measures - Healthcare Coalition Assessment Factors (PDF, 91 KB)
The Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) training provides a set of guiding principles for exercise programs, as well as a common approach to exercise program management, design and development, conduct, evaluation, and improvement planning. DHS provides links to seven training lessons over viewing HSEEP principles.
Wisconsin has established The Wisconsin Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Program supports hospital emergency preparedness planning and response to mass casualty incidents or pandemic events. The Wisconsin Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Program is funded by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (DHHS).