"Community-based residential facility" means a place where 5 or more adults who are not related to the operator or administrator and who do not require care above intermediate level nursing care reside and receive care, treatment or services that are above the level of room and board but that include no more than 3 hours of nursing care per week per resident."
A list of facilities excluded from this definition follows - see Wis. Stat. § 50.01(1g).
- Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 83
- Patient Rights (apply only to CBRF residents receiving services for mental illness, developmental disability, or substance/alcohol abuse treatment):
- Caregiver Programs and Background Checks
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS)
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors, SPS 328.02(1)(c)
Waiver or Variance Requests
View Waivers, Approvals, Variances, and Exceptions: Assisted Living for information to submit a request.