Are you a provider for a community-based residential facility (CBRF)? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. Learn more:
Select a link to learn more:
Assisted living resources
- Approved CBRF Training Program—Learn about training for CBRFs required by state rules and regulations.
- Assisted Living Administrator’s Training Course—Find criteria and qualifications for training courses for assisted living administration.
- Assisted Living Forum—Quarterly meeting to share best practices and keep you informed.
- Assisted Living Medication Management—Resources to address common medication issues.
- Assisted Living Resources—Learn more about resources for assisted living from the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Assisted Living: Standards of Practice Resources—Find details on topics such as fall prevention, mental health, and pain.
- Assisted Living Survey Guide—Learn about the different types of surveys and the survey process.
- Caregiver Programs—Learn more about caregiver programs, including background checks, feeding assistance, medication aides, and more.
- Community-Based Care and Treatment Training Registry—Find information on individuals who meet the criteria of state-mandated trainings for community settings.
- e-Renewal for Licenses and Certifications—Understand how to complete and submit reports for license and certification continuations online.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process—Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) for Pending, Licensed, and Certified Assisted Living Facilities—Understand regulations set by CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) related to Medicaid HCBS waivers.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement in Assisted Living—Read about best practices, action steps for quality care programs, and more.
- Waivers, Approvals, Variances, and Exceptions: Assisted Living—Learn about procedures and requirements.
- Clinical Laboratories—Learn about the different types of certificates a facility must have to perform laboratory testing.
- Developmental Disability Programs and Information—Find available resources and information about people with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Diabetes Prevention & Control Program—Learn more about care guidelines and Wisconsin’s strategic plan for diabetes prevention and control.
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information—Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- Falls Prevention for Older Adults—Learn about common injuries from falls and best practices for prevention.
- Programs and Services for Older Adults—Find resources and programs for aging adults in Wisconsin.
- Resident Relocation Manual—Find information about Wisconsin laws related to relocating residents.
- State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse—Learn about this council’s work and how they help Alcohol and other Drug Abuse issues in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute—Learn more about Alzheimer’s services in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Economic Development—Learn more about starting a business in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Information—The ForwardHealth portal will direct you to provider-specific Medicaid information.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program—Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin and how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Federal Resources—Find information about CMS, civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- Medical Device Safety—Find up-to-date guidance from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration on adverse events and other problems with medical devices.
State reporting requirements
- Reporting a Client, Patient, or Resident Death—Learn about reporting requirements for programs or facilities when there is a death.
- Cold Weather Safety—Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers—Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness—Use and share information about preventing heat-related illness and planning for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers—Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness for Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities—Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from DQA.