Are you a provider for facilities serving people with developmental disabilities? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. FDDs are also known as intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF/IID). Learn more:
Select a link to learn more:
- Clinical Laboratories - Find information on alcohol and drug testing laboratories.
- Construction/Remodeling Plan Review for Health Care Facilities - Find information about the plan review process, including application forms.
- DHS Partners and Providers - Find useful information for all agencies, organizations, and providers that partner with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Developmental Disability Programs and Information - Learn more about Wisconsin’s programs designed to help those with developmental and intellectual disabilities and their caregivers.
- Diabetes Prevention & Control in Wisconsin - Learn more about diabetes and prevention programs.
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information - Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process - Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Feeding Assistant Program - Learn more about the feeding assistant program.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Information - The ForwardHealth portal will direct you to provider-specific Medicaid information.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program - Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin and how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) - Find information from CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) about being certified as a Medicare or Medicaid provider for intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Federal Resources - Find information about CMS, civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- Wage and Hour Division Topical Fact Sheet Index - Find Fair Labor Standards Act information by topic from the U.S. Department of Labor. Topics include health care, nursing care facilities, nurses, home health care, overtime, and more.
State reporting requirements
- Report Abuse, Neglect, or Misappropriation - Learn about reporting and timing requirements for any claims of abuse or neglect, or misappropriation of client property. This includes DQA-regulated providers and non-regulated providers.
- Reporting a Client, Patient, or Resident Death - Learn about reporting requirements for programs or facilities when there is a death.
Change of ownership
- Change of Ownership Checklist (PDF) - Find a list of forms and documentation needed for a change of ownership.
- Cold Weather Safety - Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers - Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness - Use and share information about preventing heat-related illness and planning for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers - Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia, and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Emergency Preparedness for Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the DQA.
- Safety in Health Care - Resources from DQA to help providers create a culture of safety, and guide staff on critical safety practices in health care facilities.