As defined in Wis. Stat. ch. 50.01, RCACs are places where five or more adults reside that consist of independent apartments with specific criteria:
- Individual lockable entrance and exit
- Kitchen, including a stove
- Individual bathroom
- Sleeping area
- Living area
These facilities also provide residents with no more than 28 hours per week of supportive, personal, and nursing services.
RCACs are not nursing homes or community-based residential facilities, but they may be physically part of these facilities.
Select a link to learn more:
- Caregiver Programs—Read about the variety of programs in Wisconsin, as well as required background checks.
- Home and Community-Based Services for Assisted Living Facilities—Learn more about services to determine compliance.
- RCAC (Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 89)—Learn more about Wisconsin administrative codes for RCACs.
- Uniform Licensure (Wis. Stat. ch. 50)—Learn more about definitions and requirements for RCACs.
- Waivers, Approvals, Variances, and Exceptions: Assisted Living—Learn about procedures and requirements.