Residential Care Apartment Complexes: Provider Resources
Are you a provider for a residential care apartment complex? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. Learn more:
Select a link to learn more:
Assisted living resources
- Assisted Living Forum—Quarterly meeting to share best practices and keep you informed.
- Assisted Living Medication Management—Resources to address common medication issues.
- Assisted Living Resources—Learn more about resources for assisted living from the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Assisted Living Survey Guide—Learn about the different types of surveys and the survey process.
- Caregiver Programs—Learn more about caregiver programs, including background checks, feeding assistance, medication aides, and more.
- Consumer Guide: Finding and Choosing an Assisted Living Facility—Access resources, directories, survey results, and more.
- e-Renewal for Licenses and Certifications—Understand how to complete and submit reports for license and certification continuations online.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process—Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) for Pending, Licensed, and Certified Assisted Living Facilities—Understand regulations set by CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) related to Medicaid HCBS waivers.
- Hospice-RCAC Interface, P-00315 (PDF)—Learn about care coordination guidelines for hospice patients residing in residential care apartment complexes.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement in Assisted Living—Read about best practices, action steps for quality care programs, and more.
- Waivers, Approvals, Variances, and Exceptions: Assisted Living—Learn about procedures and requirements.
- Clinical Laboratories—Find information on alcohol and drug testing laboratories.
- Construction/Remodeling Plan Review for Health Care Facilities—Find information about the plan review process, including application forms.
- Diabetes Prevention & Control Program—Learn more about care guidelines and Wisconsin's strategic plan for diabetes prevention and control.
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information—Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- Falls Prevention for Older Adults—Learn more about injuries associated with unintentional falls and best practices for fall prevention.
- Outbreaks in Wisconsin—Learn more about selected outbreaks, recalls, and investigations with wide impact in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Economic Development—Learn more about starting a business in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program—Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin and how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Federal Resources—Find information about CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- Wage and Hour Division Topical Fact Sheet Index—Find Fair Labor Standards Act information by topic from the U.S. Department of Labor. Topics include health care, nursing care facilities, nurses, home health care, overtime, and more.
State reporting requirements
- Reporting a Client, Patient, or Resident Death—Learn about reporting requirements for programs or facilities when there is a death.
- Cold Weather Safety—Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers—Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness—Use and share information about preventing heat-related illnesses. Learn how to plan for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers—Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia, and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response—Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Emergency Preparedness for Long Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities— Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from DQA.
- Safety in Health Care—Resources from DQA to help providers create a culture of safety. Find ways to guide staff on critical safety practices in health care facilities.