Residential Care Apartment Complexes: Memos and Publications
This page includes helpful resources related to residential care apartment complexes (RCACs). Publications are files or websites with additional information. Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) numbered memos are documents that deal with:
- RCAC policies.
- Guidelines for RCACs regulated by DQA.
- Information and interpretation of federal and state regulations.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Select a link to learn more:
- Falls in Assisted Living Facilities, P-00994 (PDF) - Learn about recommendations for assessing, preventing, reducing, and responding to resident falls.
- Online License and Certification Continuations via e-Renewal, P-01731 (PDF) - Understand reports, licenses, and certifications required by the Bureau of Assisted Living.
- Pharmacy Newscapsule - Newsletter published regularly by DQA.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement in Assisted Living, P-03075 (PDF) - Read recommendations for quality care and the results of an online assessment survey.
- Reporting Requirements for Assisted Living Facilities, P-02007 (PDF) - Use this reference to determine when statutes and codes require you to report certain incidents.
Memos from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
View our Memos Library to access a wealth of communications issued by DHS regarding policies and procedures and how they should be put into action.
DQA numbered memos
Select a link to view the memo. You can also view the list of all DQA Memos.
For an official paper copy of any numbered memo, email or write:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing address:Administrator's OfficeDivision of Quality AssurancePO Box 2969Madison, WI 53701
|Memo Number||Description||Issue Date||Attachments||Obsolete date|
||Prohibited Restraints and Restrictive Measures in Community-Based Programs and Facilities|
||Notice and Requirements for Submitting Four-Year Renewal of Licensee Background Check Information|
||Licensure/Certification Application for Temporary Assisted Living Facility Expansion Units and Transfer Options during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency State|
||Notice of Mandatory Requirement to Submit Four-Year Renewal of Licensee Background Check Information|
||Fire Watch, Fire Plan, and Fire Reporting Update|
||New Online System for Assisted Living Facility License/Certification Continuations|
|Prohibited Restrictive Measures in Community-Based Programs and Facilities|
||Freedom of Choice of Pharmacy Provider|
||Guidance Reminder Regarding Handheld Devices and the Potential Misuse of Such Devices|
||Reminder Nurse Aide Eligibility Requirements|
||Electronic Video Monitoring and Filming in BAL Regulated Facilities|