The Department of Health Services (DHS) offers technical assistance and support to providers of the Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) Program. Three DHS divisions and one office have oversight of the CCS Program.
A county or tribe seeking to operate a certified Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) shall apply for certification on an application provided by DHS. Application materials are provided through the Division of Quality Assurance.
Client Rights Information
The DHS Client Rights Office offers training and other resources to educate providers on the rights of individuals receiving treatment for mental health and/or substance use.
Please review this list of suggestions from DHS regarding how to correct CCS documentation when a discrepancy has occurred or when a document has not been completed within the timeframes specified by CCS rules and regulations.
Data Reporting - PPS
Program Participation System (PPS)
Frequently Asked Questions
County and tribal staff who have questions regarding Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) may submit their questions by email to DHS DCTS CCS Support.
- List of FAQs with answers provided by DHS staff (PDF) (Updated: January 2016)
- CCS residential rate setting guidance (PDF) (Updated: February 2015)
The Western Region and Recovery Wellness Consortium submitted 16 questions to DCTS in February 2017. View the questions and the answers provided by DCTS staff (PDF).
Functional Screen Information
Functional Screen Information Access (WAMS ID Required)
Guidance for Tribes
In the past, tribal providers who chose to participate in the CCS Program have been required to submit an annual CCS cost report in order to receive their annual cost settlement payment. All tribes are also Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) and are also required to submit annual cost reports as an FQHC. The annual cost reports for each program are used to ensure that 100 percent of the cost for providing services is reimbursed to the tribe.
In order to simplify the annual process, tribes may dispense with the annual CCS report and simply include CCS costs on their FQHC report. Interim claims for CCS should continue to be billed under procedure codes H2017 and 99199. These claims will be paid at the interim State rate as they are today. The program should continue to follow all requirements as specified in ForwardHealth Update No. 2014-42.
- May 2017 FowardHealth Update: Coverage of Residential Substance Abuse Treatment by Comprehensive Community Services Providers (PDF)
- June 2014 ForwardHealth Update: Changes to the Comprehensive Community Services Benefit as a Result of the Wisconsin 2013-15 Biennial Budget (PDF)
Newsletter: CCS Chronicle
The CCS team in the Division of Care and Treatment Services publishes the CCS Chronicle newsletter quarterly. It features news and notes about the program for county and tribal CCS staff.
Satisfaction Survey Materials
All CCS programs are expected "to assess consumer satisfaction and progress toward desired outcomes." To meet this requirement, DHS is providing CCS service providers with surveys to administer to the families, youth, and adults in their programs.
- Letter from Joyce Allen, Director, Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery (PDF)
- User's Guide for the MHSIP and ROSI Surveys, P-00887 (PDF)
CCS Satisfaction Surveys
- MHSIP Family Satisfaction Survey, F-01389B (PDF)
- MHSIP Youth Satisfaction Survey, F-01389A (PDF)
- ROSI Adult Satisfaction Survey, F-01389 (PDF)
Data Entry and Reporting Workbooks
- MHSIP Family Data Workbook, F-01391B (EXCEL)
- MHSIP Youth Data Workbook, F-01391A (EXCEL)
- ROSI Adult Data Workbook, F-01391 (EXCEL)
Sample Cover Letters
Twice a year, DHS hosts a business and networking meeting for all stakeholders in the CCS Program. Materials from past meetings and information on future meetings.
Contact Langeston Hughes with questions or concerns regarding these meetings.
DHS CCS Staff Contact Information
- Area Administration: Contact list and map (PDF)
- Division of Care and Treatment Services
- Division of Quality Assurance
- For questions regarding CCS and Medicaid, email HP VEDS CCS Support
2017 CCS Regional Meetings
DHS hosted meetings in each DHS region in 2017 regarding CCS. These meetings were for county and tribal CCS staff to address recent questions posed about CCS programming, the CCS audit experience, and the provision of CCS technical assistance. Watch a recording of the meeting held in Appleton.