Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Family Care, Family Care Partnership, and PACE: How to Apply

There are many options for people in Wisconsin who need long-term care. First, contact your local aging and disability resource center (ADRC) or tribal aging and disability resource specialist (ADRS). They can explain your options. They’ll work with you to find the best program for you.

Apply for Family Care, Family Care Partnership, or PACE

To enroll in Family CareFamily Care Partnership (Partnership), or PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly), you must need long-term care services. You also must be an older adult or an adult with a disability. You’ll need to be functionally and financially eligible. This means you have certain care needs and income limits.

The ADRC or tribal ADRS will explain what it means to be part of one of these programs and what services you could get.

If you decide to apply, you can expect these steps:

  1. Meet with your ADRC or tribal ADRS to complete the Long Term Care Functional Screen. This helps figure out your level of need for services. It determines if you qualify for Family Care, Partnership, or PACE.
  2. Fill out an application for Medicaid. You can apply online or use the paper form. You’ll submit it to an income maintenance agency. Your ADRC or tribal ADRS can help you fill out the application and submit it to the agency if needed. The agency confirms if you meet income limits for Family Care, Partnership, and PACE. If you already have Medicaid or meet income limits for Medicaid, you also meet them for Family Care, Partnership, and PACE.
  3. The ADRC or tribal ADRS will let you know by phone or in person if you can enroll in Family Care, Partnership, or PACE. Some programs are only available in certain areas, so your options may depend on where you live. If you want to move forward, the ADRC or tribal ADRS will finish the enrollment process. You will:
  • Choose a program.
  • Choose the managed care organization you will work with after you are enrolled. They’ll get you started with support and services.
  • Sign a form to confirm your choices and the date you’ll start working with your chosen managed care organization.

Other program options

If Family Care, Partnership, or PACE isn’t the right fit for your needs, other options may include:


Last revised January 9, 2023