FoodShare Wisconsin - Monthly Income Limits

The following income levels are used to determine enrollment in FoodShare Wisconsin. To see if you may be able to enroll, go to and apply today.

FPL stands for "Federal Poverty Level" which is defined by Congress each year. 

Effective October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016:


*200% FPL
Gross Income Limit

165% FPL
Gross Income Limit
****Separate Household

130% FPL
Gross Income Limit

***Reporting Limit

100% FPL
**Net Income Limit




$1,619 $1,276





$2,191 $1,726





$2,763 $2,177





$3,335 $2,628





$3,907 $3,078





$4,479 $3,529





$5,051 $3,980





$5,623 $4,430





$6,195 $4,881




$8,204 $6,767 $5,332 $4,102 $1,461
For each additional
person add:
$694 $572 $451 $347 $146

* If your family's gross income is at or below 200% of the FPL your family will pass the "Gross Income Test".  You will be given certain credits which will be subtracted from your Gross Income.  (By gross income, we mean before any taxes and deductions have been taken.)

** If your family's net income is at or below 100% of the FPL after your credits have been subtracted, you may be able to get FoodShare benefits. For more information about the credits you may be able to get, please see the ForwardHealth Enrollment and Benefits handbook.

***If you are enrolled in FoodShare, you must report to your agency if your family's income goes over 130% of the FPL.  For more information about reporting changes, see the ForwardHealth Enrollment and Benefits handbook.

****In a very small percent of cases, 165% of the FPL is used to see if you are able to get FoodShare benefits.  This income limit is used if you and your spouse (if married) are living and eating with others and you need to apply separately.  You may do this only if:

  1. You are age 60 or older.

  2. You cannot purchase and prepare your own meals because:

  • You are considered by the Social Security Administration to be permanently disabled, or
  • You have a permanent physical or mental non disease-related disability.
  1. The gross monthly income of the persons with whom you and your spouse (if married) live with does not go over 165% of the FPL for the number of others in the household.

To learn more about FoodShare Wisconsin and how to apply, visit How To Get FoodShare Benefits.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the base of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected by genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities).

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

More Equal Opportunity Information

Last Revised: October 1, 2015