A physician, physician assistant or a registered nurse may take the place of any EMT at any service level provided he or she is trained and competent in all skills, medications and equipment used by that level of EMT in the pre-hospital setting and provided he or she is approved by the service medical director. A physician assistant or registered nurse may not practice at a higher level of care than the level at which the service is licensed.
To be added as a member of a legal crew operating on your RN/MD/DO/PA license, please complete the following :
- Create E-licensing Account
- Upload Certification Documents
- Documents can be uploaded by selecting "Certification Reporting" under the 'Applications' tab in your e-licensing account
- CPR certification is required for all providers
- ACLS is required if practicing at the intermediate and paramedic level
- Complete and Submit the Physician, Physician Assistant, and Registered Nurse Equivalency Application(Word) to the appropriate EMS Regional Coordinator
Please review the Wisconsin Scope of Practice Document for information regarding skills/procedures/medications that are permitted within each license level.
If you have any questions, please email the Wisconsin EMS office, or call 608-266-1568.