The Funding Assistance Program (FAP) is a grant that provides extra funding for qualified ambulance transport services. A lot of the funding helps with EMS (Emergency Medical Services) trainings. Learn more about FAP and see if you qualify.
Note: The 2023 FAP cycle is now closed. The 2024 FAP application is now open until November 30, 2023, at 5 p.m.
Who is eligible for FAP
To qualify for FAP, EMS services must:
- Be licensed in Wisconsin.
- Provide transporting services (non-transporting services don’t qualify).
- Respond to 911 calls for a primary service area (in other words, interfacility).
Who gets FAP funding
The FAP funding formula changed in late 2019 based on feedback from the Wisconsin EMS Advisory Board. The new formula for improvement funding is still based on population. Education funds are divided equally amongst all awardees.
FAP application process
To apply for FAP, follow these steps:
- Confirm that your service director contact information is current in the Wisconsin E-Licensing Portal. The EMS section sends out an email to service directors when the state fiscal year 2024 FAP application opens.
- Log in to E-Licensing to complete and submit the two FAP forms (application and expense report).
- Complete the form, EMS Program Municipal Signature and Population Verification, F-47255. (PDF) Include all signatures and upload the form to the documents tab of E-Licensing.
- Make sure that you apply before the application period ends.
- EMS FAP, P-02422B (PDF)
- EMS Opportunities
- EMS Services FAP Guidance, P-02422 (PDF)
- FAP Forms—Frequently Asked Questions
- FAP Purchasing Guide, P-02422A (PDF)
Questions? Contact DHSFAP@dhs.wisconsin.gov.