This page contains links to license/certification information for current and prospective Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services (EMS) practitioners and Emergency Medical Responders (EMRs), including the application and renewal process.
- EMS E-Licensing Portal – Log into your E-Licensing account for Wisconsin or search for Wisconsin EMS personnel and services.
- EMS E-Licensing Information – Everything you need to know about using the online E-Licensing Portal for all EMS students, individual healthcare practitioners, and agencies for issuance of training permits, certifications and licensure.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): E-Licensing (PDF)
- Name and Address Changes
Practitioner permits, certifications, and licenses
- EMS License Application Information
- EMS Licensing Renewal Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Becoming Certified/Licensed
- Reciprocity – EMS personnel licensed or who have received education and training in states and territories other than Wisconsin may be eligible for EMS licensure in Wisconsin.
- RN/PA/MD/DO Equivalency – A physician, physician assistant or a registered nurse may take the place of any EMT at any service level provided he or she is trained and competent in all skills, medications and equipment used by that level of EMT in the pre-hospital setting and provided he or she is approved by the service medical director. Learn more.
Information for licensed/certified EMS personnel
EMS Patch Information – Need to order an EMS Patch? This page will show you how.
Laws that govern EMS
- Waiver of Administrative Rule for Licensure, F-00569 (Word)
- Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 110
- Wisconsin Stat. ch. 256