Definition: Wisconsin Stat. § 50.01(1) "Adult family home" means one of the following:
(a) A private residence to which all of the following apply:
1. Care and maintenance above the level of room and board but not including nursing care are provided in the private residence by the care provider whose primary domicile is this residence for 3 or 4 adults, or more adults if all of the adults are siblings, each of whom has a developmental disability, as defined in s. 51.01 (5),
or, if the residence is licensed as a foster home, care and maintenance are provided to children, the combined total of adults and children so served being no more than 4, or more adults or children if all of the adults or all of the children are siblings,
or, if the residence is licensed as a treatment foster home, care and maintenance are provided to children, the combined total of adults and children so served being no more than 4.
2. The private residence was licensed under s. 48.62 as a foster home or treatment foster home for the care of the adults specified in subd. 1 at least 12 months before any of the adults attained 18 years of age.
(b) A place where 3 or 4 adults who are not related to the operator reside and receive care, treatment or services that are above the level of room and board and that may include up to 7 hours per week of nursing care per resident. "Adult family home" does not include a place that is specified in sub. (1g)(a) to (d), (f) or (g).
- Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 88
- Caregiver Program/ Background Checks
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS)
- Patient Rights (apply only to adult family home residents receiving services for mental illness, developmental disability, or substance/ alcohol abuse treatment):