This page includes helpful resources related to hospitals. Publications are files or websites with additional information. Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) numbered memos are documents that deal with:
- Hospital policies.
- Guidelines for hospitals managed by DQA.
- Interpreting federal and state regulations.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select a link to learn more:
- CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) Program Manuals
- Medicare Benefit Policy Manual Chapter 1: Inpatient Hospital - Find information on covered services.
- Medicare State Operations Manual (Appendix A Hospitals) - Find guidance for surveyors.
- Guidelines for Victim Advocate Accompaniment During Hospital Exams and Consultations, P-01580 (PDF) - Information on Wisconsin's Victim Accompaniment law.
- Pharmacy Newscapsule - Newsletter published regularly by DQA.
- Security Issues in Psychiatric Treatment Facilities (Hospitals), P-01760 (PDF) - Find information about staffing levels and training in psychiatric treatment areas.
- Wisconsin Office of Rural Health - Information includes critical access hospital applications, area application materials, and miscellaneous background information.
Memos from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
View our Memos Library to access a wealth of communications issued by DHS regarding policies and procedures and how they should be put into action.
DQA numbered memos
Select a link to view the memo. You can also view the list of all DQA Memos.
For an official paper copy of any numbered memo, email or write:
- Email email@example.com.
Mailing address:Administrator's OfficeDivision of Quality AssurancePO Box 2969Madison, WI 53701
To access memos from CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), visit the CMS Policy & Memos website.
|Memo Number||Description||Issue Date||Attachments||Obsolete date|
||DHS Requests Nursing Homes Join Hospitals in Wisconsin to Use the EMResource Bed Tracking System for Health Care Entities|
||Notice and Requirements for Submitting Four-Year Renewal of Licensee Background Check Information|
||CMS 1135 Waiver Provisions – Acute Hospital Care at Home Program|
||CMS 1135 Waiver Provisions – Wisconsin Hospitals|
||State Licensure Application for Temporary Expansion Locations during Public Health Emergency related to COVID-19|
||Notice of Mandatory Requirement to Submit Four-Year Renewal of Licensee Background Check Information|
|Fire Watch, Fire Plan, and Fire Reporting Update|
||Variance Needed for Use of a Licensed Mental Health Professional to Approve Emergency Mental Health Crisis Plans and Response Plans|
||Guidance Reminder Regarding Handheld Devices and the Potential Misuse of Such Devices|
||Reminder Nurse Aide Eligibility Requirements|