Are you a provider for hospitals? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. Learn more:
- Avoiding Physical Restraints, P-63113 (PDF) - Learn about the effects of restraints, decision making, and the importance of assessment.
- Clinical Laboratories - Find information on alcohol and drug testing laboratories.
- Critical Access Hospitals - From the Wisconsin Office of Rural Health.
- Dementia Care Redesign and Resources - Access the State Dementia Plan and build a dementia-friendly community of support for those with dementia and their families.
- Diabetes Prevention & Control in Wisconsin - Learn more about diabetes and prevention programs.
- DHS Partners and Providers - Find useful information for all agencies, organizations, and providers that partner with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information - Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process - Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Survey Guide: Hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals, and Other Health Services Providers, P-62033 (PDF) - Find information on the survey process in the state of Wisconsin.
- Transitions of Care between Assisted Living Facilities and Hospitals - Learn about the challenges of moving patients and how to ensure a safe, efficient transition.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Care Units - Access a list of medical facilities certified to care for people with traumatic brain injuries, along with other provider resources.
- Ventilator Care Units - Find a list of list approved ventilator units and other resources.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Information - The ForwardHealth portal will direct you to provider-specific Medicaid information.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program - Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin and how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Federal Resources - Find information about CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- Hospital Center - Information and resources from CMS.
- Information for Providers - Spotlights and important links from CMS.
- Wage and Hour Division Topical Fact Sheet Index - Find Fair Labor Standards Act information by topic from the U.S. Department of Labor. Topics include health care, nursing care facilities, nurses, home health care, overtime, and more.
- Health Care Facility Fire Report, F-62500
- Patient Rights for Victims of Sexual Assault, Human Trafficking Involving a Commercial Sex Act, or Child Sexual Abuse, F-01805 (PDF)
State reporting requirements
- Construction Plan Review for Health Care Facilities - Learn more about the process for construction and remodeling approvals for health care facilities.
- Report Abuse, Neglect, or Misappropriation - Learn about reporting and timing requirements for any claims of abuse or neglect, or misappropriation of client property. This includes providers regulated by the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA), as well as non-regulated providers.
- Reporting a Client, Patient, or Resident Death - Learn about reporting requirements for programs or facilities when there is a death.
- Cold Weather Safety - Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers - Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness - Use and share information about preventing heat-related illness and planning for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers - Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia, and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Emergency Preparedness for Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA).
- Health Emergency Preparedness and Response - Learn about Wisconsin’s program to prepare for, and respond to, events that pose a substantial risk to the health of residents.
- Safety in Health Care - Resources from DQA to help providers create a culture of safety, and guide staff on critical safety practices in health care facilities.