For questions regarding hospitals, you may E-mail the Division of Quality Assurance.
- e-SOD/e-POC Provider Information
- Licensure and Medicare / Medicaid Certification for Hospitals
- Survey Guide: Hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals, and Other Health Services Providers (PDF, 71 KB)
- Wisconsin Hospital Directories
- WI Facilities with Dedicated Units for the Care of Ventilator-Dependent Persons
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Programs
- The Diabetes Prevention & Control Program in Wisconsin - includes links to Care Guidelines and Strategic Plan 2004-2009
- Facilities Seeking to Perform Laboratory Testing - Information
- Reporting Client / Patient Death Attributable to Suicide, Restraint, or Psychotropic Medication
- Filing a Complaint Resource Sheet (consumer information) (PDF, 55 KB)
- Wisconsin Medicaid Provider Information:
- Critical Access Hospitals (Wisconsin Office of Rural Health)
- Avoiding Physical Restraints (PDF, 91 KB)
- Construction/Remodeling of Health Care Facilities - Plan Review Requirements
CMS S&C Memo 14-27, Hospital Restraint/Seclusion Deaths to be Reported Using the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Form CMS-10455, Report of a Hospital Death Associated with Restraint or Seclusion.
Federal Links - Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (including S&C letters), HIPAA, Civil Rights, US Department of Labor, etc.
- IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Requirements for Hospital Medical Staff Privileging, S&C Letter 05-04, November 12, 2004
- The hospital?s Governing Body must ensure that all practitioners who provide a medical level of care and/or conduct surgical procedures in the hospital are individually evaluated by its Medical Staff and that those practitioners possess current qualifications and demonstrated competencies for the privileges granted.
- Conditions of Participation for Hospitals
- Interim Guidance for the Hospital Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Condition of Participation S&C 03-16 (PDF, 1 MB)
- EMTALA Final Rule November 10, 2003 - EMTALA Interim Guidance S&C 04-10 (PDF, 86 KB)
- CMS Hospital Center
- Information for Providers
Safety in Healthcare
- Provider resources for Safety in Healthcare
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Emergency Preparedness and Response website includes preparedness resources for healthcare facilities.
U.S. Department of Labor
- The United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division Fact Sheet website provides information by topic of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Fact Sheet topics include: Health Care, Nursing Care Facilities, Nurses, Recordkeeping, Home Health Care, Hours Worked, Overtime, and additional areas.