Are you a provider for an adult day care center? If yes, this page has helpful resources to support you. Learn more:
Division of Quality Assurance resources
- Adult Day Care Center Survey Guide, P-03495 (PDF) - This guide will help you understand the survey process for evaluating adult day care centers.
- Assisted Living: Standards of Practice Resources - Find details on topics such as fall prevention, mental health, and pain.
- e-SOD/e-POC Process - Learn more about the electronic process for statements of deficiencies and plans of correction.
- Dementia Care in Wisconsin - Learn more about resources for dementia care.
- Aging: Programs and Services for Older Adults - Find a variety of topics to learn more.
- Consumer Guide to Health Care - Find details on the variety of care options available in Wisconsin.
- Developmental Disability Programs and Information - Find resources and information to improve the lives of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Diabetes Professional Resources - Find diabetes care guidelines and tools for providers.
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Information - Learn more about do-not-resuscitate orders and what they mean for health care professionals.
- Falls Prevention for Older Adults - Learn about common injuries from falls and best practices for prevention.
- Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute - Read about research initiatives, memory clinics, education and public health programs, and more.
- Wisconsin Economic Development: Starting a Business in Wisconsin - Access programs and resources to help start, relocate, or expand a business.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Information - The ForwardHealth portal will direct you to provider-specific Medicaid information.
- Wisconsin Tuberculosis Program - Learn more about tuberculosis in Wisconsin. Find out how the state program identifies, treats, and stops the spread.
- Federal Resources - Find information about CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services), civil rights, the U.S. Department of Labor, and more.
- Wage and Hour Division Topical Fact Sheet Index - Find Fair Labor Standards Act information by topic from the U.S. Department of Labor. Topics include health care, nursing care facilities, nurses, home health care, overtime, and more.
Compliance Review Tools
ADCCs may find these forms useful for self-evaluating compliance with Wisconsin requirements. Some of these forms are used by surveyors during an on-site survey.
- ADCC Initial Survey Checklist, F-02634 – Use this checklist to prepare for a state survey.
- ADCC Environmental Tour, F-03122 – Review what is required for the physical environment.
- ADCC Caregiver/Staff record review, F-03129 – Use this tool to ensure that your personnel records align with ADCC regulations.
- ADCC Participant Record review, F-03128 – Use this tool to ensure that your participant records align with ADCC regulations.
- ADCC Self-Report, F-03145 – This form is used to report incidents as required by ADCC regulation DHS 105.15(2)(L).
- ADCC Waiver or Variance Request, F-02527 – Used to request a waiver or variance of an ADCC regulation.
Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Compliance
- ADCC HCBS Benchmark Checklist, F-03124 – Use this checklist to align with the federal HCBS requirements for ADCCs.
- ADCC HCBS Reviewer Guidelines, F-03124B – Find more detailed guidance on the HCBS requirements for ADCCs.
- Cold Weather Safety - Learn more from the National Weather Service about staying safe in extreme, cold temperatures.
- Influenza Immunization Resources for Health Care Providers - Find information including patient education, how to prepare your office for flu season, and other resources to improve flu vaccination rates.
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness and Severe Weather Awareness - Use and share information about preventing heat-related illnesses. Learn how to plan for power outages and severe weather.
- Winter Safety Measures for Health Care Providers - Learn more about different topics, such as hypothermia, and indoor and outdoor safety.
Safety and emergency preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Emergency Preparedness for Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities - Find preparedness resources for health care facilities from the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA).
- Safety in Health Care - Resources from DQA to help providers create a culture of safety. Find ways to guide staff on critical safety practices in health care facilities.